We had such beautiful weather all weekend but I have to admit, I got a little toasted...in more ways than one! LOL With all the sunless tanning products I use, I sometimes fool myself and forget that I have absolutely no natural protection from the sun and fail to reapply sunscreen throughout the day! This can be pretty disastrous, especially if you use retinol and retinoids that make your skin more sensitive to UV rays. This is what I woke up to this morning :(
Yogurt Face Mask for Sensitive & Sunburnt Skin
- 1 cup Natural Yogurt (out-of-the-fridge cold)
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal (any basic type will work)
- Optional Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Blended cucumber
|I like "Fage Total" because of its rich and creamy texture.|
- Mix ingredients together. I like to keep the mixture cool up until the moment I use it.
- Rinse face with cool water, use a gentle cleanser if needed. Be sure not to scrub your skin.
- Apply mixture to skin for 15-20 minutes, can be used anywhere on your body!
- Remove mixture with a washcloth soaked in cool water, again be sure not to scrub your skin.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer or pure aloe vera to keep skin hydrated!